Program Monitor – Hoopers Basketball
North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (NCPRD) Sports division has openings for reliable, hard-working and enthusiastic part-time employees to join our Hoopers Basketball staff. The Hoopers Basketball program is a recreational basketball program that is open to boys and girls grades K-12. Program Monitors will be responsible for opening, closing and monitoring activities during our weekly practices and Saturday & Sunday games. The Hoopers season runs January – March. Practices and games will take place at North Clackamas School District and Parks and Recreation District gyms. Required trainings are scheduled for Saturday, December 14th and Sunday, January 5th.
Program Monitor Responsibilities:
- Opening and closing North Clackamas School District facilities in addition to monitoring Hoopers program activities during weeknight practices and weekend games and tournament.
- Communicating and enforcing permitted use of all facilities to the appropriate users.
- Setting-up and taking down equipment for practices, games and tournaments including raising/lowering basketball hoops, prepping bleachers and setting up chairs.
- Distribution of program equipment including basketballs, pennies, cones and first aid.
- Instructing volunteers on use of scoreboard and program rules.
- Enforcing and explaining NCPRD facility use rules, policies and procedures to spectators and participants to ensure a safe and enjoyable recreational environment for all.
- Completing reports regarding daily activity, accidents and incidents that occur at each facility during hours of program operation.
- General maintenance during program events including facility condition and safety checks, picking up and emptying trash and monitoring restrooms to ensure cleanliness and supplies are stocked.
- Representing NCPRD Sports and Hoopers Basketball in a professional manner at all times.
Combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Previous recreation or youth/adult sports experience is desirable.
- Proven customer service skills including the desire to provide 5 star customer service at all times in all situations to all age groups.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, proven ability to work independently, professional demeanor, exceptional reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Physical ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Basic computer and internet skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Flexible work schedule: Weeknights 4:30-10pm, Saturdays: 8am-1:30pm or 1:15-6:30 pm, Sundays: 11:30am-7pm.
- Must be available the entire length of the program (January – March).
- Attend required trainings and meetings.
- Estimated weekly work hours are 20-25.
- Starting at $12.76 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
All chosen candidates will be required to pass a criminal history background check and obtain their First Aid/CPR Certification within 30 days of hire. *First Aid/CPR training and certification will be provided for free to all hired applicants
Apply online at Indeed.com, or submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in joining our Hoopers Team as a Program Monitor to Josh Brandl at email@example.com. Please also include any additional information you would like us to know about your availability and applicable experience.
Submit all resumes and cover letters with subject: Program Monitor (Hoopers Basketball).