Big Surf! at the North Clackamas Aquatic Park is a time to experience all there is to do at the park! This recreational swim time is open to the public and features 400,000 gallons of fun. The water is a comfortable 86 degrees year-round!
North Clackamas Aquatic Park houses several swimming pools, water slides and a rock climbing wall. Featured swimming pools include, a wave pool with 4-foot waves and both deep and shallow areas for play, a 25-yard, six-lane competition lap pool, a 13-foot deep diving well with one-meter diving board, an interactive area with cascading fountains of fun, a kiddie pool with Sammie the Seal slide for those under 6 years of age and a sizeable hot tub for those over the age of 18. Slides vary in their journey from two twisting tubes of adventure to a drop slide for the more daring! Lastly, the Aquatic Park is not limited to just swimming. There is also a 29-foot rock wall. The wall has three different routes, each with a varying level of difficulty, from easy to difficult and with trained staff to help. The Aquatic Park also has the Surfs Up Cafe that offers everything from pizza and fries to healthier selections! Check out their menu for more information.
|BIG SURF! hours||January 2 – June 23, 2017|
Additional Big Surf! swim on the following date: May 29 from 12-4 p.m.
|BIG SURF! RATES|
|Under 3 years*||Free with paying adult
(Maximum 2 kids per adult)
|Child Ages 3-8 years*||$5||$8|
|Child Ages 9+||$5||$8|
|Family rate: Sundays only
2 adults/4 children from immediate family/same household
|Child Ages 3-8 years*||$4*||$7*|
|Child Ages 9 and older||$4||$7|
(+$2 refundable deposit or photo ID)
* Children 8 years old and younger must be accompanied in the water by a responsible supervisor 13 years or older with a ratio of one supervisor to three children.
Know before you go…
- Individuals 8 years and younger must be accompanied in the water by a responsible supervisor 13 years of age or older.
- Children 9 and younger must have responsible supervisor on site at all times.
- Individuals 48 inches and taller may ride the red, purple and yellow slides. Individuals less than 48 inches tall may ride the Sammie the Seal slide.
- Denim, or swimwear with buckles, rivets or zippers are not permitted on the water slides.
- Showers are required before entering the water.
- Goggles are not allowed on the slides or the diving board.
- Floating devices and lifejackets not approved by the U.S. Coast Guard and water wings are not allowed in any of the pools.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted in the park. Concessions are available.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to use the hot tub.
- Rock wall climbers must be between 45 and 250 pounds to climb Steel Mountain.