Park/Facility Rental FAQ’s

Q: When is picnic season?
A: May 1-Sept. 30

Q: Do I HAVE to make a reservation in order to use picnic areas/shelters?
A:. You can reserve spaces at North Clackamas Park, the Milwaukie Community Center and the Sara Hite Memorial Rose Garden. All other NCPRD parks are available on a first-come, first served based.

Q:  What hours are the spaces available to me?
A:  North Clackamas Park: Saturdays & Sundays: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. or 4 p.m. to 9 p.m (100 people maximum)
Milwaukie Community Center: 8:30 a.m.-midnight daily (capacity varies by room booked, from 1-250 guests)
Sara Hite Rose Garden: 10:00 a.m.-9 p.m. daily (250 people maximum)

Q: What is prohibited in NCPRD parks/facilities?
A: The following activities are prohibited:

  • Alcohol (except by permit)
  • Camping
  • Open fires
  • Golfing
  • Littering or dumping or refuse
  • Motorized vehicles (outside of designated roadways and parking areas)
  • Hunting/Trapping
  • Loaded weapons
  • Fireworks

Q: Will I need insurance for use of the park/space?
A: Certificates of insurance are required for the following:

  • Caterer preparing food in the park
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Amplified music
  • Rented tents and canopies
  • Large rented games
  • Inflatable play structure
  • Port-a-potties
  • Any concessions
  • Outside sales
  • Any vendors

Q: Are bounce houses allowed at NCPRD parks?
A: Bounce houses or other inflatable play structures are only allowed at North Clackamas Park in certain locations, and with a certificate of insurance and/or a special use permit for this purpose.

Q: What about decorations/signage?
A:  You are not allowed to attach tablecloths, decorations, signs, etc. to permanent structures in the parks, including picnic tables, shelters or trees.

Q: Am I allowed to bring alcohol to my reserved space?
A: You must acquire an alcohol permit and special use permit in order to have alcohol at your reserved space. This can be clarified during rental process.

Q: What if I’d like to set up a tent?
A:  Day use of pop-up tents is allowed, as long as they are not staked into the ground.  Overnight use is prohibited.

Q: Can we build a campfire?
A:  Please use appropriate barbeque stations and fire pits as provided. Open fires present too much of a risk. For additional information refer to general park rules regarding fires.

Q: Is audio amplification allowed?
A: Permits are required for use of speakers and amplified sounds. Permission for amplified sound may be revoked at any time if deemed disruptive by designated NCPRD staff.

Q: Are dogs allowed? 
A: Yes, but must remain on leash unless making use of designated off- leash areas at North Clackamas Park and Happy Valley Park. Please make use of the pet waste bags.

Q: Can I reserve parking for my special event?
A: There are no reserved parking areas. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis only.

Q: Can I barbeque in the park?

A: Park users are welcome to bring gas grills for personal use. Charcoal briquette barbeques are prohibited unless used in designated park barbeque pits.

Q: We’re getting married. Can our guests throw confetti?
A: Rice, confetti, and silly string pose environmental risks and are prohibited in NCPRD parks/facilities.

Q: We want to celebrate with fireworks and sparklers. Is that allowed?
A: Fireworks and sparklers are fire risks and are not allowed in NCPRD parks/facilities.

Q: Can I park my camp trailer or RV at North Clackamas Park or Hood View Park?
A: Overnight camping is not allowed in NCPRD parks/facilities. We do not have RV or Trailer parking available. We recommend contacting Clackamas County Parks to secure a space at Barton Park or Oregon City Parks to inquire about availability at Clackamette Park.
Clackamas County Parks Reservations: 503-742-4414
Oregon City Parks: (503) 496-1201

If you have any further questions regarding NCPRD’s rules, please contact us at (503) 742-4348.


//doesn't seem to be used anyway -- Doug -1/23/14 */ ?>