Special Use Permits

Any event or activity on property owned or maintained by NCPRD must be explicitly permitted by NCPRD if not led by District Staff.  This includes volunteer events, educational groups, biological research and scientific collection.

What follows is a high-level overview of when a Special Use Permit is needed.  Please find the full text of the Permits Information Guide provided below.  If you have any questions about this process, email info@ncprd.com.

Full Permits Information Guide

What events require a Special Use Permit?

  • Any non-NCPRD activity or gathering involving more than 25 people
  • Educational groups
  • Filming or photography shoots, including student productions
  • Any event that involves alcohol, amplified sound and equipment that pose a risk to public safety or may create a public nuisance
  • Any event with concessions of food or beverages
  • Biological research, scientific collection and harvesting of biological materials
  • Any use currently prohibited by the NCPRD Park Rules.

What events DO NOT require a Special Use Permit?

  • Any NCPRD-led or sponsored activity or event
  • Facility rentals in accordance with the Park Rules
  • Picnic shelters for groups under 25 at any NCPRD park except North Clackamas Park
    Picnic shelters are available on a first come, first served basis
    You can reserve the picnic shelter at North Clackamas Park by visiting the NCPRD Rentals or by calling 503-794-8013.

How much will a Special Use Permit cost?

Fees for a Special Use Permit will vary based on the activity or event.

Ready to apply?

Special Use Permit Application – Fillable PDF

Download and complete the Special Use Permit Application.  Submit via e-mail to info@ncprd.com or via U.S. Mail to:

North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District
Attn: Special Use Permits
7300 SE Harmony Road
Milwaukie, OR 97222