Steel Mountain is the North Clackamas Aquatic Park’s 29-foot rock wall. The wall offers three different routes. Each route varies in its degree of difficulty. While the hardest route may provide a real challenge for even the more experienced, the easiest route is a great introduction to rock climbing. All in all, the rock wall is a wonderful experience for everyone from the timid to the enthusiastic!
Steel Mountain is open during Big Surf! hours and available for rentals with prior arrangement. Rental of the entire rock wall during non-Big Surf! hours is $50 per hour.
|ROCK WALL RATES||NCPRD||Non-Resident|
|Daily Unlimited Climb||$6||$10|
PARTY PACKAGE OPTIONS
Includes soda, ice cream, silverware, plates, cups, 1 hour room rental, set-up/clean-up, swimming and either two or an unlimited number of climbs on the rock wall.
Includes pizza, soda, ice cream, silverware, plates, cups, 1 hour room rental, set-up/clean-up, swimming and either two or an unlimited number of climbs on the rock wall.
• Do not climb the wall unattended, without a harness and/or ground padding present.
• Do not attempt to put on and/or remove the harness without help from a trained staff member.
• Climbers must be between 45 and 250 pounds.
• When harnessed stay in the harness area until told to proceed.
• Do not cross over routes when climbing.
• Avoid contact with fellow climbers and be alert of others.
• Do not kick off the wall when rappelling.
• Do not swing at any time while climbing or harnessed.
• Do not climb beyond the top of the wall.
• Descend straight down after climbing and always try to land feet first.
• Horseplay on or around the rock wall is strictly prohibited.