Program Health and Safety Protocols
North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District has made some important changes to our in-person programs. These changes have been made to ensure the safety of all participants and are based upon the most current guidelines from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), the American Camp Association, and Oregon Health Authority. While we know the changes are not ideal, we still wanted to offer classes and activities for those who rely on us to provide a safe, engaging, and compassionate programs for you and your children throughout the year.
Safety is paramount. With the health and safety of our residents and staff as our top priority, the following new requirements have been implemented:
- Each staff member and participant will be temperature checked upon arrival each day. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 or above will be denied entrance and sent home.
- Anyone showing any signs of illness will be separated from the group and sent home immediately. (Examples include fever, cough, rash, difficulty breathing, vomiting, etc.)
- Staff members, families and participants, ages 5 and older, will be required to wear facial coverings upon arrival and during all activities that do not allow social distancing. Anyone without a facial covering may be denied entrance unless another arrangement has been approved.
- Each participant will be provided with their own craft supplies by the District, to prevent sharing of high-touch items.
- Cleaning and sanitizing, including hand-washing, will be increased throughout the day.
- Social distancing will be observed to the extent possible. Sports programs will focus on individual skill drills and other activities that are conducive to social distancing.
- Groups will be limited to 12 people – ten participants and up to two instructors.
Given the current circumstances, the District reserves the right to cancel camp at any time and provide a prorated refund to families. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we implement these changes. Our goal is to provide recreation programs that are fun, engaging, and above all, safe.