Ready, Set, Count!
Each September, volunteers throughout the region gather along trails to count and survey people biking and walking on our District’s trails. The count is part of the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project’s ongoing effort to gather accurate trail use data at over 90 sites nationwide. NCPRD uses trail counts and surveys to track usage, trail conditions, and future demand. This valuable information will be used to decide where to build new trails, inform grant proposals, and respond to the needs of trail users.
Volunteers on the Trail
We need your help! NCPRD will be collecting counts at designated sites throughout the District. We encourage volunteers of all ages and abilities to participate as trail counters. Volunteer to be a counter!
Trail Count Shifts
- Tuesday, Sept. 10th from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11th from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 12th from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 14th from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 15th from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- SE 17th Ave Connection @ SE Milport Road in Milwaukie
- Trolley Trail @ SE Park Ave MAX Station
- Trolley Trail @ SE Concord Road
To sign up, complete the online volunteer application and we’ll get in touch with you regarding orientation, time and locations. You can also download the Trail Count Volunteer Application (Fillable PDF) and return it to email@example.com.
For questions, contact Caroline Patton at CPatton@ncprd.com or 503.742.4471.