- This event has passed.
Hidden Falls Nature Park Grand Opening
June 22, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Celebrate your new park with us!
Join North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (NCPRD) in celebrating the grand opening of your new community park! Enjoy live bluegrass music from The Ramblin’ Kind, kids crafts, info booths and a dessert table provided by New Seasons Happy Valley. Food carts will also be available at the event, including Char’ Latin Grill.
North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (NCPRD), in partnership with Icon Construction, is excited to have completed this exciting project to conserve 21.3 acres of forested natural area and provide public access to an extraordinary “hidden” waterfall in Happy Valley. The new Hidden Falls Nature Park includes a timber bridge over Rock Creek, overlook/resting areas, and a new 0.84-mile multi-use trail that completes a key link in the Mt. Scott/Scouters Mountain trail loop. Learn more about the project here.
- Noon – 1:15 p.m.: Live music, kids crafts, info booths, food trucks
- 1:15 – 2:10 p.m.: Speeches and ribbon cutting ceremony
- 2:10 – 3 p.m.: More live music, kids crafts, info booths, food trucks
Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and dress according to the weather. Access to the site includes moderate to steep inclines. If you need assistance, contact Caroline Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.742.4471.
Directions and Parking
There are two main entrances to access Hidden Falls Nature Park: one to the northwest at Pioneer Drive and SE 156th Ave. and one to the southeast on 162nd alongside Hood View Park. View a map of the park entrances here.
Only neighborhood street parking is available at the northwest entrance to the park. Surrounding neighbors are encouraged to walk to the park, if possible. Please see below for directions coming from I-205.
- Take SE Sunnyside Road east into Happy Valley.
- Turn right on SE 152nd
- Turn left on SE Pioneer Dr.
- Access the trail entrance at the end of SE Pioneer Drive, past the intersection with SE 156th Ave.
Two designated parking lots will be available for event parking and will be identified with signage. A limited amount of street parking will also be available along 162nd Ave. and SE Rock Creek Blvd. Space is limited. Please see below for directions coming from I-205.
- Take Clackamas Highway 212 east into Happy Valley
- Turn left on 172nd Ave.
- Turn left onto SE Rock Creek Blvd. and continue to go straight through the stop sign
- Turn right at 162nd Ave.
- Access the trail at the end of 162nd Ave.