NCPRD Virtual Recreation Center
We’re bringing recreation and nature to you.
Our facilities are temporarily closed and many of our programs may look different this year, but we’re still here for you as part of this community. NCPRD will continue to do everything we can to provide you with online recreation activities and information to help improve your quality of life at home during these unusual times. Although we miss seeing you in person, we hope you’ll use these resources to stay healthy, connected and have fun.
We’ll be updating this page with new information, so please check back regularly.
- Get outside by visiting one of NCPRD’s many parks and trails.
- Bring nature into your Zoom meetings with these NCPRD park backgrounds.
- Enjoy nature beyond the region with virtual tours of National Parks.
- Stop and identify the flowers with the Oregon Wildflower Search App (iPhone & Android).
- Plant a Victory Garden to grow your own food.
- Go bird watching with the Audubon Bird Guide App.
- Identify plant species with Plants Snap and Leaf Snap.
- Learn about life in streams with the Creek Critters App.
- Earn badges with the iNaturalist App.
- Sign up for one of NCPRD’s virtual chess, science and video game design programs.
- Learn the time-tested game of hopscotch with Coach K.
- Test your balance skills with spoon races with Coach K.
- Give the birds a treat with this Recycled Paper Roll Bird Feeder craft.
- Add color to your day with the Hidden Falls Nature Park coloring sheet.
- Join story time with Ledding Library.
- Get creative with art projects, tours and other activities from Online School Center.
- Stretch and be mindful with Cosmic Kids Yoga.
- Get drawing with Lunch Doodles with Mo Williams.
- Conduct at-home science experiments.
- Make learning fun with Sesame Street Games or PBS Games.
- Try teaching tools with Time for Kids.
- Access out-of-this-world activities with NASA Kids Club.
Fitness and Wellness
- Workout from home with NCPRD’s Virtual Fitness Classes.
- Break a sweat with workouts for all levels with Fitness Blender.
- Nurture your yoga practice with Yoga with Adriene.
- Find your Zen with meditation podcasts.
- Don’t lose sight of your fitness goals with Nike Training Club.
Learning and Entertainment
- Explore the world of art through color with Google Arts and Culture.
- Visit 12 famous museums with virtual tours you can take from your couch.
- Experience the wonders of the ocean with the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Get behind the scenes animal encounters with the Oregon Zoo.
- Read Poems of the Pandemic by local poet Kim Stafford.
- Take a virtual tour of the National Museum of Natural History.
- Learn something new with OSU Extension.